Many refugees arrive in the United States with very few material goods. Our in-kind donation closet at the Community Center is a place they can always come, no questions asked, for donated items to help them make a home in Missoula. These lists reflect the most urgent needs of families as well as items that are always gratefully received by community members. Please check our social media pages for updated information, too.
We ask that all donated items be in good condition in order to maintain the dignity of clients. That means no stains, large tears or excessive animal fur.
- Bike locks
- Blenders and juicers
- Smart TVs
- Prom (formal) dresses
- Bike trailers
- Espresso cups
- Gift cards to ice cream shops
- Bikes (children and adult)
- Soccer balls, basketballs, and footballs
- Soccer cleats
- Cooking pots and pans
- Rugs (all sizes)
- Large Blankets
- Small kitchen appliances (microwaves, blenders, juicers, toasters, etc.)
- Crockpots and rice cookers
- Unopened toiletries (body wash, shampoo, lotion, soap, etc.)
- Feminine hygiene products: pads only
- Diapers and wipes
- Mac and/or Windows laptops less than four years old; tablets; and smart phones
- Rain jackets (adult and kid sizes)
- View our Amazon Soft Landing Wishlist for specific needs.