The International Rescue Committee is seeking a volunteer or intern to assist with childcare for Missoula’s refugee population.
- Develop and implement childcare self-sufficiency plan in coordination with IRC staff and refugee family including: search for appropriate openings, facilitate tours, & assist families in completing paperwork
- Serve as a liaison between refugee clients and Child Care Resources, the state scholarship program provider.
- Teach families how to ride the public bus to reach Child Care Resources and childcare facilities
- Establish and cultivate relationships with Child Care Resources and early education providers
- Expand on existing childcare procedures and protocol manual
- Assisting with files, case notes, data entry, participation in weekly case staffing meetings
- Background in early childhood education, social work, or other related fields
- Motivated, flexible and ability to work independently, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong computer skill with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work as a team member in a cross-cultural environment
- IRC orientation and background check required
- Experience working with refugees/diverse populations is a plus
- Compensation: This an unpaid internship
- Hours: 10+ or more hours a week
- Supervisor: Becca Burgmeier, Employment Specialist at the International Rescue Committee
Interested candidates should email a resume and brief statement of interest to Zak Reimer, Community Engagement Coordinator at [email protected]!