Help us reach our $5,000 goal on November 27th!
The International Rescue Committee is seeking a volunteer or intern to assist with childcare for Missoula's refugee population.
- Develop and implement childcare self-sufficiency plan in coordination with IRC staff and refugee family including: search for appropriate openings, facilitate tours, & assist families in completing paperwork
- Serve as a liaison between refugee clients and Child Care Resources, the state scholarship program provider.
- Teach families how to ride the public bus to reach Child Care Resources and childcare facilities
- Establish and cultivate relationships with Child Care Resources and early education providers
- Expand on existing childcare procedures and protocol manual
- Assisting with files, case notes, data entry, participation in weekly case staffing meetings
- Background in early childhood education, social work, or other related fields
- Motivated, flexible and ability to work independently, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong computer skill with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work as a team member in a cross-cultural environment
- IRC orientation and background check required
- Experience working with refugees/diverse populations is a plus
- Compensation: This an unpaid internship
- Hours: 10+ or more hours a week
- Supervisor: Becca Burgmeier, Employment Specialist at the International Rescue Committee
Interested candidates should email a resume and brief statement of interest to Zak Reimer, Community Engagement Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Soft Landing Missoula needs your help!
Lucky's Market Missoula has nominated Soft Landing Missoula to be in the running for their Bags For Change program. Every time you bring a reusable bag to your shopping trip to Lucky's Market, you can create change in your own community. You will receive a wooden dime for each bag you bring and can then choose your favorite local nonprofit to donate your dime to! At the end of the quarter, all of the tokens will be counted and Lucky's Market will match the donation.
To win this opportunity to be included in Bags For Change, we need all of our supporters to vote for us by following this link and casting your vote for Soft Landing Missoula! The voting period runs from 7.23.18 – 7.30.18 and ends at midnight, so please share this with your friends and family and help SLM become one of Lucky's Market's Bags For Change partners!