How to Get Involved
To volunteer or learn more information, please review the volunteer opportunities below, then fill out our volunteer form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- World Refugee Day Cup Soccer Tournament and Community Celebration: Thank you to all the volunteers who helped make this an amazing event!
- Driver's Ed Instructors: Looking for instructors to come to our office Wednesdays and/or Fridays from 10-12 to help people study for their written exam. No special experience necessary - curriculum provided.
- Donation Sorting: We need help in our office during business hours (9am-3pm) to help sort and organize donations. 2 hours a week.
- Home Set Up Team: Join a team of people and commit to helping with at least one home set up a month. The Team will help solicit and organize donations, find needed items at garage sales and second hand stores, move furniture and set up new homes for an incoming family. We are looking for people with trucks, people with muscle, people who are organized, people who are great bargain hunters and people who can decorate and make a place feel homey.
- Missoula Farmers' Market Team: This team is up and running! Just looking for more volunteers to help transport people and help man the booth on Saturday mornings. If you can't join the team, then look for us at the market on Saturdays and come buy a treat from our refugee vendors. All proceeds go directly to the refugees!
- Family Mentor Team: Work directly with an incoming family in all aspects of orientation. This position is through the International Rescue Committee and requires a training. The IRC offers monthly trainings at their office on the 3rd Wednesday of every month from 5:30-7:30pm. For more info or to sign up, email email@example.com
- Front Desk/Admin Position through the IRC: Get to know our refugee families and help the International Rescue Committee with their important work. Click here for a job description.
- Computer Tutoring: Work with someone one-on-one in our office on basic computer skills on Fridays from 9-10:30am. Sign up here: Tech Team.
- Bicycle Committee: The Committee helps new families obtain donated bikes, helmets, locks and lights and to learn all aspects of riding a bike in Missoula. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.