How to Get Involved
To volunteer or learn more information, please review the volunteer opportunities below, then fill out our volunteer form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Winter Clothing Drive Coordinator: Help us get organized for our annual winter clothing drive, where we will solicit donations of boots, coats, gloves, scarves, etc from the community and help distribute them to the refugee families. We will also need to people to help sort and organize donations on a weekly basis.
- Driver's Ed Instructors: Looking for instructors to come to our office Fridays from 10-12 to help people study for their written exam. No special experience necessary - curriculum provided. Also looking for people to help those who have passed their written test to practice driving.
- Home Set Up Team: Join a team of people and commit to helping with at least one home set up a month. The Team will help solicit and organize donations, find needed items at garage sales and second hand stores, move furniture and set up new homes for an incoming family. We are looking for people with trucks, people with muscle, people who are organized, people who are great bargain hunters and people who can decorate and make a place feel homey.
- Family Mentor Team: Work directly with an incoming family in all aspects of orientation. This position is through the International Rescue Committee and requires a training. The IRC offers monthly trainings at their office on the 3rd Wednesday of every month from 5:30-7:30pm. For more info or to sign up, email email@example.com
- Computer Tutoring: Work with someone one-on-one in our office or in their home on basic computer skills.
- Bicycle Committee: The Committee helps new families obtain donated bikes, helmets, locks and lights and to learn all aspects of riding a bike in Missoula. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.